Tarkwa Bay Lagos Beach
The blissful Tarkwa bay beach is one of the best resorts in Lagos, it is located some kilometers offshore away from the ever busy Lagos Island. While cruising to the island on a boat, you will be treated to amazing views of popular spots in Lagos such as the Radisson Blu hotel, the Lagos Yacht Club, the Lagos harbour and straight head on into the open ocean.
How to get to Tarkwa Bay: Tarkwa bay Lagos is only accessible by boat and the ride will take about fifteen minutes.
Tarkwa bay has been in existence since the 1960s.
Where is Tarkwa Bay Beach located?
- Tarkwa Bay is one of the small island located along the Atlantic coast. It is an artificial island created during the construction of the Lagos Harbour.
When is the best time to visit Tarkwa Bay Beach Lagos?
Are you planning to treat yourself and friends to natures breathtaking beauty by spending time at Tarkwa Bay? The best period to visit is off peak season when the island is less likely to be crowded. Avoid festive seasons or holiday as there is higher probability it would be filled be people. You should also avaoid visiting during the rainy seasons between April and July.
Weekdays are more suitable for your visit to Tarkwa Bay as it is less likely to be crowded.
Tarkwa Bay Beach Gate Fee
- Tarkwa Bay Entrance Fee is just 200 naira but you will be required to pay for the space you plan to occupy. The chairs cost 300 naira each, tables go for 100 naira each and the tent is 300 naira. Will you like to enjoy a fun day at Tarkwa Bay Beach Lagos? A total of about 1,000 naira is enough to cover your expenses at Tarkwa Bay.
How to get to Tarkwa Bay
Tarkwa Bay Lagos is an island, therefore the only means for access available is through water. For easy accessibility on how to get to Tarkwa Bay, board a ferry or high-speed boat at the bay of any Lagos Island waters.
The most popular places to get a boat ride to Tarkwa Bay are Mekwe Jetty, Tarzan Marine and Marina.
- How to get to Tarkwa Bay from Marina (CMS): Get on a speedboat that costs atleast 1,500 naira per person and enjoy a 20 minutes ride to Tarkwa Bay Beach.
- How to get to Tarkwa Bay from Tarzan Marine Services (Victoria Island): For easy access, the major landmark close to Tarkwa Bay is Lagos Oriental Hotel. From there you can board a speedboat to Tarkwa Bay Lagos. For convenience, you can also pay for your journey (to and fro). The should cost about 2,000 naira. This ride should take about 25 minutes.
- How to get to Tarkwa Bay from Mekwe Jetty (close to Bonny Camp on Lagos Island): Hire a speed boat for a ride that could last about 15 minutes.
Things to do at Tarkwa Bay
With a splendid beach to boost of, Tarkwa bay resort is a perfect place to relax and have fun. Treat yourself and entourage to a fresh fish barbeque, all you have to do is to spot a fisherman returning from the Ocean, buy as many as you want, which will immediately be processed into a barbeque.
If you are fascinated by ships, a fun thing to do is to take a walk along the beach coast to view massive cargo ships and several other smaller ones passing by. Also there are some rusty wrecked ships which are very good for photography. About 30 minutes walk from the beach is the 110-year old Lagos harbour lighthouse located at a nearby beach called Lighthouse beach.
Round up your visit to Tarkwa bay with another boat trip back to Lagos Island and relish the view of Lagos and expansive ocean.
Important Tips to Remember when Planning your Trip to Tarkwa Bay
- Go with a waterproof beach bag.
- Go prepared with your swimming suit on because the beach lacks a changing room facility or toilet.
- You are better off going with your drinks even though these are sold on the beach.
- Make sure you establish the price of anything and everything beforehand. It’s custom to haggle, so know that they may try to overcharge you.
- Be prepared to rent beach chairs and covers, just try not to over pay.
- Don’t forget other items such as towels, balls, floating pads etc.
- Avoid sun burns and remember to go with a sunscreen.
- Pack light as you will need to keep your personal items close to avoid theft.
Got a comment? Now you can share it in the box below.